úterý, 16. února 2010
You ordered a Woody Allen movie called “Deconstructing Harry” from the online store Amazon.com. It was supposed to cost $20. What happened, though, is that you received a movie called “Melisa and Melisa” and your creditcard was charged $25. In addition, the package came torn. Write a formal letter of complaint:
• explain, what happened (include all the problems mentioned)
• ask for a new DVD
• ask for a refund of your money
Criteria for assesment:
a) fulfill all the tasks
b) use apropriate vocabluary/language for talking about buying and selling, mailing etc.
c) beware of making grammar mistakes
d) keep the style of the letter (formal letter of complaint)
e) keep the word limit
čtvrtek, 23. dubna 2009
Note: If you do not remember the information from the answerphone, see page 157 tapescript 46.
pátek, 6. března 2009
čtvrtek, 20. listopadu 2008
čtvrtek, 25. září 2008
1)Write an INFORMAL invitation to an event of your choice to your friend. (150 words)
2)Write an Informal reply. You can either agree to come or refuse to attend. (150 words)
Use at least 5 expressions we learnt in lesson 7.
Deadline: Wednesday 1st October 10pm
středa, 3. září 2008
Similarly to last year, each of you has to choose a topic for a speech asignment for this semester. This time, the general theme witll be "The problem that bothers me."
These are the criteria of a successful speech:
1) Choose your topic carefully – it has to be interesting for your listeners and at the same time you have to be able to talk about it for 8 minutes.
2) Before your speech, write your “new vocabulary” on the board (don´t write too many)
3) Your speech has to be 8 minutes long.
4) Use appropriate vocabulary.
5) Don’t make too many grammar mistakes (2-3 is acceptable).
6) Speak fluently.
7) Speak, don’t read.